A Creative Fountain

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Kitchen Aid Mixer

I got a wild idea that I want to do some Holiday baking. For those of you who know me well, you know this is probably not the best idea. While I enjoy cooking and have developed some skills, I am NOT a baker. I have a tendency to burn things. I lose my patience with cookies because I believe they take too long with mixing, scooping on the cookie sheet, baking, removing from the over and cooling. I have a bad habit of mixing up the baking soda and baking powder. I could go on and on about why baking isn't my gig. But I wont.

Today I am baking a pumpkin dessert to take to dinner with my dad's dad's cousin's wife. Eunice lives just a few miles from me in Ypsilanti, MI. This is great to me because I am HOURS from South Dakota, where I was born and where most of our family still lives. I am excited to meet her son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughters.

So, back to what I intended to blog today..... When I made the list of things I want to bake, I decided it would be easier to tackle all of it with the use of a Kitchen Aid Mixer. I don't have one, but my mother-in-law does so I asked to borrow hers. Rick brought it home a couple days ago. I just used it for the first time. WOW!! It made things go so much faster, and it was a ton easier than the mess I would have made without it. Needless to say, my wish list now has a Kitchen Aid Mixer on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home